Here I will show you some of my favorite slow cooker recipes for dinner. All of these recipes are quite easy to make and the preparation time is not more than 25 minutes; and most important is they taste so nice that I am sure your family members are loving it.
Stuffed Cabbage Leaves
This beef recipe is a hearty dish made with ground beef, rice, tomatoes and cabbage that will delight your taste buds!
Cook time: 8 hours on low
- 6 large cabbage leaves
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup cooked rice
- ¼ cup onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1 (14 ounces) can tomato sauce
- 1 (16 ounces) tomatoes, diced, undrained
- Place cabbage leaves in a pot and soften with boiling water for few minutes. Drain well. Cut the veins off from the cabbage leaves.
- Mix the ground beef and remaining ingredients A.
- Divide meat mixture into 6 equal parts and shape them into a loaf shape.
- Wrap each meat loaf in a cabbage leaf, folding the ends and sides.
- Add the cabbage rolls into slow cooker. Pour the all ingredients B over top of cabbage rolls. Close the lid to the cooker.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Serve hot, and pour some of the tomato sauce over cabbage rolls in serving bowls.
This brisket recipe is delicious and easy to prepare with a nice spice rub!
Cook time: 8 hours on low
- 3 lbs of beef brisket, fat trimmed
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 2 cups of barbecue sauce
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 1 lb. fettuccine, cooked and warm
- Spice rub**
** Spice Rub: Mix the following Ingredients:(makes about 2 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- Rub evenly the spice rub all over brisket and place it in the slow cooker.
- Pour the rest of the combined ingredients into slow cooker, except for fettuccine.
- Close the lid and set the heat to low cook for 8 hours. Turn heat to high setting for the last 30 minutes of cook time.
- Place brisket on a serving platter, slice it and serve hot with barbecue sauce, onions, over fettuccine.
Sloppy Joes with Turkey Meat
This turkey meat recipe is one that will surely delight your family!
Cook time: 4 hours on high
- 1 lb. lean ground turkey meat
- ½ cup chopped celery
- ¼ cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 10 ounces condensed tomato soup (undiluted)
- ½ cup ketchup
- 8 hamburger buns, split
- Coat your large pan with cooking spray. Cook the turkey meat over medium heat for about 2 minutes, add the rest of ingredients A. Make sure to cook the meat until it is not pink in color. Discard excess juices and transfer to slow cooker
- Mix to combine the ingredients B in small mixing bowl. Pour the mixture into pan and stir. Add to slow cooker.
- Close the lid to cooker and set to cook on high heat for 4 hours.
- Serve hot, in between a bun.
Spicy Lamb Curry
This lamb recipe would be great to serve on special occasions!
Cook time: 5 hours on low
Prep time: 20 minutes
- 1 lb. ground lamb
- Olive oil for cooking
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red onion, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups of green beans
- 1 cup of tomato sauce
- 1 large can diced tomatoes
- 2 potatoes, peeled and chopped
- Coat your pan with cooking spray. Cook the lamb with olive oil over medium-high heat until brown, add with onion, and garlic. Continue to cook for 2 minutes
- Discard the fat, transfer into the slow cooker.
- Add all ingredients B into the slow cooker. Stir to mix.
- Close the cooker lid and set to cook at low heat for 5 hours.
- Serve hot and enjoy!