Spaghetti will always pop into my head on my busy day preparing for dinner. Simple reason as with just few ingredients can make a super quick dinner. After all you can add a bowl of salad to round out the meal. Tasty and healthy!
(1) Spaghetti with Prawns, Sausage, Lemon and Chili
Ingredients (4 servings ):
- 400 grams spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- plus extra to drizzle
- 1–2 cured pork sausage
- sausages, sliced
- 20 large raw peeled prawns
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ teaspoon chilli flakes
- zest 1 lemon
- juice 1 lemon
- small handful parsley, chopped
- sea salt and ground pepper
- Cook the spaghetti in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes (Refer to the instruction on packing).
- Drain the spaghetti, place back in the saucepan, drizzle with a little olive oil and toss through. Cover to keep hot.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and add the pork sausage. Cook for a few minutes until lightly golden, and set aside.
- Add the prawns, season and cook for 2 minutes. Add the garlic, chili, lemon zest and juice and the sausage and stir until the prawns are just cooked. Stir in the parsley and the spaghetti.
- Top with a drizzle of oil and a grind of pepper to serve
(2) Cut Spaghetti With Broccoli
Ingredients (4 servings)
- cut spaghetti 12 oz (350 g)
- broccoli 1 lb (500 g)
- prosciutto (dry-cured), in one slice 2 oz (60 g)
- pork rinds 2 oz (60 g)
- extra-virgin olive oil 1 tbsp + 2 tsp (20 ml)
- yellow onions sliced 3 1⁄2 oz (100 g) about 1 1/2 small
- garlic clove 1
- Pecorino cheese, grated (preferably Romano) 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp (60 g)
- water 4 1/4 cups (1 L)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Divide the broccoli into florets, wash it thoroughly, and cook it in lightly salted water on medium heat. when it’s done, remove the pot from the heat.
- Slice the onion, crush the garlic, and cut the prosciutto into small strips. Saute the onion and garlic in the oil until they turn golden brown, then add the prosciutto to the pot. Mix well and add the water.
- Meanwhile clean the pork rinds very carefully, removing any bristles. slice the rinds thinly. Blanch them in unsalted water, then add them to the pot with the prosciutto and water.
- Bring it to a boil, add a pinch of salt and pepper, and let it cook for about 5 minutes. add the spaghetti and let it cook in the soup.
- A few minutes before you turn off the heat, add the broccoli florets with some of the water they cooked in (the soup should be slightly dense).
- Serve with grated cheese and a generous sprinkling of pepper.