How long have you kept your slow cooker sleeping in storeroom? Trust me, you can make tasty soup with your slow cooker. It is so easy and what you need to do is just follow the recipes.
So don’t wait go and get your slow cooker trying these recipes for you and your family.
Creamy Pumpkin Soup
I am sure this pumpkin soup definitely warm you up on the chilly days!
Cooking Time: 5 hours on low
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 1 sprig fresh sage
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 medium sugar pumpkin, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Fresh chopped chives for garnish
- Heat up your pan and add the oil, heat over medium-high heat.
- Add the pumpkin and onion, sauté for about 5 minutes.
- Transfer the pumpkin and onion into your slow cooker.
- Add the chicken broth into the slow cooker, this will cover the pumpkin mixture.
- Prepare a cheesecloth, add the remaining ingredients except cream into it Place the cheesecloth into slow cooker. Cover with the cooker lid.
- Set the cooker to low heat, and cook for 4 hours.
- Remove cheesecloth and discard along with contents, slowly pour in the cream and stir. With an immersion blender process until smooth.
- Serve this dish hot and top with some fresh chopped chives for garnish.
Red Lentil Soup
This is an easy vegetarian soup recipe that you can prepare with little effort and be
left with a hearty tasting soup!
Cooking Time: 4 hours on high
- 1 ½ cup of red lentils
- 4cm slice fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 tsp of ground cumin
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 3 tsp of ground coriander
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp of olive oil
- 1-liter Campbell’s Real Stock Vegetable
- Greek yogurt, plain for garnish
- Fresh coriander, chopped for garnish
- Warmed garlic whole-wheat naan bread, to serve
- Heat up your non-stick pan and add the olive oil, heat over medium heat. Place the onion, celery, and carrot into your pan, lower the heat and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the ginger and garlic; cook for another minute. Now add the spices cumin and coriander cook until it becomes fragrant.
- Transfer all the mixture from pan to slow cooker.
- Add 2 cups of warm water, the stock, and the lentils into your slow cooker, then cover with the cooker lid.
- Set to low heat setting and cook for 4 hours.
- Season with salt and pepper half an hour before your soap done.
- Ladle the soup into serving bowls, and top with a dollop of Greek yogurt and a sprinkle of freshly chopped coriander.
- You can also serve this soup with some warmed naan bread and enjoy!
Paleo Pumpkin Soup
This recipe calls for raw pumpkin but you could use pumpkin puree instead if there is no raw pumpkin. This is a healthy soup either way that tastes great!
Cooking Time: 8 hours on low
- 2 lbs of Raw pumpkin, chopped into small chunks
- 2 cups of almond milk
- 1 cup of turkey or chicken broth
- 1 tbsp of cilantro, dried
- ½ tsp of ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp of nutmeg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Easily pour all the ingredients into slow cooker, finish by pouring in the milk and broth, then stir.
- Set to low heat setting, and cook for 8 hours.
- Done and serve it hot.
Chicken & Potato Chowder
This is a great recipe to serve, and I am sure most of your family members will love it!
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 cups of potatoes, cooked and diced
- 4 tbsp of unsalted butter
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ tbsp of thyme, dried
- 2 cups of milk
- 5 cups of chicken stock
- 4 tbsp of unsalted butter
- 1 cup frozen corn
- Shredded cheddar cheese for garnish
- 5 chicken tenderloins, cooked and cubed
- Dash of pepper and salt to taste
- ¼ cup of flour
- Set your slow cooker to high heat. Add the butter to melt and add in the ingredients A. Cook for about 7 minutes or until the onions are translucent.
- Slowly add the flour, stirring until it browns a little, for about 3 minutes, add in the ingredients B. Stir to combine.
- Add ingredients C, and stir to combine, or until the flour melds into a thickened sauce.
- Add the remaining ingredients into slow cooker. Put the pot lid on, cooking for about 15 minutes over high heat. Stir often.
- Serve hot, and ladle into serving bowls, then top with shredded cheese for garnish and enjoy!